Apprentice Business Support Officer ANSA ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES LIMITED
ANSA, based in Middlewich, are looking to employ an Apprentice Business Support Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in an administration role. The role involves undertaking a range of administrative duties to support the Waste & Street Cleansing, Parks & Grounds and Fleet Services departments.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
£10,158.72 to £20,048.08
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
12 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Efficient and effective use of information technology relative to the service, including MS office applications, IBS systems, bespoke systems and the internet; in order to maintain data bases, update records, generate work and information reports including the placement of orders, issuing of invoices and responding to external email requests
- Receive, answer and deal with face-to-face and telephone enquiries from the general public, outside organisations and internal clients, in order to provide accurate information and excellent customer service, referring callers to only where matters require the personal attention of a team member
- Undertake clerical and administrative duties, predominantly relating to Waste & Street Cleansing, Parks & Grounds and Fleet Services, including management of paper work for motor-related insurance claims, update of daily work sheets and route risk assessments, and ensuring that all correspondence and texts are dealt with promptly and to a high standard of presentation and that service standards are met or exceeded
- Organise and carry out procedures for ordering and checking financial transactions for the team, including hire of vehicles as required, to ensure that supplies and financial records are maintained efficiently
- This may include reconciliation of income, preparation of banking for submission to accounts, accurate input of work costings into the corporate systems, including time sheets and holidays
- Organise meetings and other events involving team members, if required, attend, take notes and arrange and monitor subsequent follow-up actions to ensure efficient and timely dispatch of business
- To engage with service users, including preparation, distribution and analysis of questionnaires relating to the service; and contribution to campaigns and promotions, including; planning and assisting in events and the effective delivery of Services
- Develop and maintain accurate recording systems and a comprehensive filing system, in order to provide efficient and readily-accessible sources of information and accurate statistics
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills or equivalent at Level 2 - English and mathematics
- In-house development programme to support the development of knowledge, skills and behaviours
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- ANSA, Middlewich has an excellent track record of successfully bringing through apprentices and employing them on full-time contracts
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
ANSA ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES LIMITED
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.