Adult Care Worker / Health Care Support Assistant Apprenticeship (Fresh Start Project CIC) FRESH START PROJECT CIC
This role is working with vulnerable males from the Tees Valley areas in their times of homelessness and need to build up independent living skills . This role will consist of working with males who have been involved in the criminal justice system, have, or have had drug and alcohol issues, mental health problems and many other underlying issues.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
12 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will assist each client to support their own goals and aims, they wish to achieve before they leave us, support theming every step of the way.
You will assist with the structured care plan, we create, with our clients to identify their required areas of support and achieve the outcomes necessary.
You will support staff to ensure our clients are financially included by providing support and access to the benefits they need. Helping clients access the services they require to ensure their physical and mental well-being is being addressed.
The role includes:
- Adhere to policies, and procedures of Fresh Start Project
- Ensure all the Clients have the correct information
- Advise any issues in line with the clients support plan
- Ensure all rooms checks are completed report issue to your supervisor
- Support clients to develop independent living skills
- Promote a healthy lifestyle
- Act as an advocate on the clients behalf when making phone calls for them
- Cleaning duties
- Monitor and collect weekly service charges
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Working towards the Adult Care Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard you will complete the following:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Care
- Functional skills in maths and English (as required)
- Care Certificate
You will also complete on and off the job training. Training will take place at the training centre and in the workplace and be delivered by our training staff and staff from the Care Home.
You will be required to produce a showcase portfolio of evidence and complete an end point assessment at the end of your Apprenticeship which will be graded pass, merit or distinction.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- For the right candidate, there are prospects for progression into education, training or full time work
- This could be a Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship or employment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4 or above or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.