Medical Receptionist/Administrator Apprentice Masham Doctors Surgery
VQ Solutions are looking for an organised individual to join a busy medical centre based in Masham. You will be a receptionist / administrator and this is an excellent opportunity for a personable individual. The role involves ensuring an effective and efficient reception service is provided. Deal with general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2023
£10,296.00 to £20,319.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Oct 2023
12 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will receive, assist, and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient, and effective way.
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided
- Deal with general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments
- Receive repeated prescription requests
- Updating the practice appointments system
- Update and ensure the correct patient information and notes are uploaded onto the internal systems
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards an Advanced level Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship delivered by VQ Solutions
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
- You'll have a dedicated VQ Mentor and will also be supported internally by your manager
During this apprenticeship, you will develop a portfolio, attend online workshop sessions and have regular reviews. All apprenticeship work will be completed during working hours.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The majority of our apprentices are offered full-time employment upon the successful completion of their apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Masham Doctors Surgery
VQ SOLUTIONS LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.