Apprentice Manufacturing Assistant NOTTINGHAM TRADE FINISHERS LTD
In recent years, this company has seen fantastic growth, so they'd like to offer an apprenticeship opportunity to gain a career within a local manufacturing business. Learning all there is to know about the business and its output, while working towards a lean manufacturing apprenticeship programme. The role involves learning to work on all of the machines within the business, including learning how to safely load, unload and fault finding. Work alongside experienced staff members within the business to ensure production levels remain high.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
12 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learning to work on all of the machines within the business, including learning how to safely load, unload and fault finding
- Work alongside experienced staff members within the business to ensure production levels remain high
- Learn about raw materials and how to store them safely
- Move and store materials within the working environment
- Load and unload jobs safely on an inbound and outbound basis
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required
- You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession
- You will experience a blended learning model
- You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio
This is predominantly a work-based programme, which means that your learning will take place on the site of your employment and within your contracted working hours.
We host supporting workshops regularly throughout the apprenticeship which you are encouraged to attend in person at our engineering campus (NG17) but can also be supported virtually via Microsoft Teams.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The company are committed to maintaining your professional skills after this apprenticeship and will do this using various training methods.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 2/E) Essential
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.