You will support children’s learning and development with children from all age ranges of the Early Years. You will support children’s development skills, working to plan activities, recording observations and their progress.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2023
Company Bonus Scheme Increasing annual leave with each complete year of service up to a maximum of 33 days (including Bank/Public Holidays) Your birthday off, or a Christmas shopping day off, after one full year of service
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
10 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Being aware and demonstrating a clear understanding of own role and areas of responsibility
- To support children’s learning and development with children from all age ranges of the Early Years
- To support children’s development skills, working to plan activities, recording observations and their progress
- To understand and comply with all nursery policies and procedures, and relevant legislative requirements, informing management immediately of any instances of non-compliance or variations in practice
- Once confident in role, to assume the role of a key person to a group of children and work in partnership with parents/carers, catering for all children’s individual needs; observing, planning and evaluating development activities; keeping accurate records and maintaining regular contact and communication with parents
- Attending staff meetings and any training that is in house
- To regularly update the children's daily diaries
- To ensure that the ratios are adhered to at all times
- To assist with the wall displays and decoration
- To assist with the nappy changing routines & personal hygiene
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Over the course of 18 months, you will study units such as health & safety in a childcare setting, holistic child development, safeguarding in a childcare setting, child development, communication with children, purposeful play and educational programmes, supporting children with special educational needs, collaborative working in early years childcare, wellbeing principles for children and at higher levels, child protection, data, supporting key life transitions and behaviour management (these modules may differ).
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 3 qualification and a TQUK Diploma in Early Years.
We and our employer partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, so a DBS check will be required for this role. To make you aware, this position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’ must be declared, and you will be asked about these during the recruitment process.
Functional Skills in English and maths if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Room Leader, Deputy Manager or Manager
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.