Supporting Day Service staff with the day-to-day smooth running of the Elizabeth Activity and Care Centre. Working with older people who need extra support to participate within the centre and the activities it provides.
Closing date: 11 Nov 2023
Minimum, annually (dependent on age /experience) up to £16,255.20
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
12 Nov 2023
10 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support day services staff with the day-to-day operation of the Elizabeth Centre including preparing the centre, assisting with the serving of refreshments and lunch and the tidying of the centre at the end of the session
- Supporting day service staff with personal care required by individuals as per their person-centered support plan
- Support day service staff with the design, preparation and the delivery of activities for individuals while they are at the centre
- Support day services staff, to ensure individuals well-being and safety are always attended to and report and record all changes in an individual, physical and mental and emotional condition
- Support day service staff to provide support which is appropriate to the needs of the individual which will enhance develop and/or maintain their well-being and independence
- Working with day service staff and volunteers promoting the good principals of good team working
- Use of data recording using Microsoft Office
- Ensure correct procedures are being followed to safeguard the health and safety of self, service users, volunteers and staff
- Ensure the service is always maintained to the highest standards
- Carry out any other duties consistent with the responsibilities of this post as requested from time to time
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidate will study a Adult Care worker L2 Standard. This will be aided by an assessor who will carry out all assessments as work-based learning within the workplace.
If Functional Skills English and maths is required this will be supported by the tutor. Working towards qualification Social Care Adults level 2.
Will gain experience and knowledge while working along side experienced trained staff.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Working towards qualification Social Care Adults level 2. Will gain experience and knowledge while working along side experienced trained staff. Possible career in the industry.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
AGE UK BARNSLEY
MEADOWHALL TRAINING LIMITED
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.