Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprentice Burnley High School
Under direction, to support the classroom teacher by providing supervision and care of pupils, including those with special needs and aiding in the preparation of resources and classroom organisation.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
15 Oct 2023
10 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
At Burnley High School, everyone is committed to providing the best education and opportunities for their students. Every student at Burnley High School is encouraged to have aspirational and ambitious goals and everybody is responsible for creating a culture of academic excellence. Their vision as a school is to tackle social disadvantage through high expectations and an ambitious curriculum. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join the team at Burnley High.
The main duties of the role include:
- To work under the direct instruction of teaching / senior staff, within the classroom with the teacher, supporting access to learning for pupils and providing general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
- To support pupils to overcome barriers to learning, promoting the inclusion of all pupils by developing their communication skills, supporting them to manage their behaviour, developing independence and social skills and to take responsibility for monitoring / reporting on the impact of classroom-based interventions
- To provide teacher support, supervision, guidance and learning opportunities in all non-lesson-based activities as designated by the class teacher
Candidates are expected to possess:
- GCSE or Equivalent qualification in English and mathematics at level 5-9
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will achieve:
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship
- Level 2 English and maths Functional Skills (if required)
Training will take place at Blackburn College one day a week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential employment with the school for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.