Apprentice Manufacturing Operative INTREPID MANUFACTURING LIMITED
An opportunity for the successful candidate with the right attitude to progress into using 2d/3d CAD software as well as programming using RADAN.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2023
Start date can be sooner than advised, there is overtime available on a weekly basis and pay will be reviewed on a yearly basis.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
04 Dec 2023
10 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learning all the manufacturing processes within our business
- Assembly - learning all the different types of panels and how they go together
- Punching - How the parts are punched on CNC machines, including setting up and loading of programmes and materials
- Folding - After the parts are punched they then go on a CNC brake press to be formed , so will set and operate the machine
- Welding - Welding different parts for example, budget locks to doors and creating a fully welded frame from four individual parts
- Preparation - After the welding of the panels they will be cleaned off using air tools and prepared for painting
- Painting - Panels then go to be painted
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidate will follow the Lean Manufacturing level 2 standard - training will be delivered by NWSLC on a one week block release every 6 weeks at our Nuneaton campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further learning in year 2 and 3 if warranted and the chance of full time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or above) Desired
About the employer
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND SOUTH LEICESTERSHIRE COLLEGE
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.