Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Conkers Day Nursery
Contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children in your care. You will work towards a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to earn a salary and gain a level 2 qualification.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
15 Nov 2023
05 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties will include:
- Working with children aged 0-5
- Assist with planning, preparing and delivering quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment
- Providing comprehensive care for the children
- Setting up the play space including moving furniture and play equipment
- Providing refreshments and ensuring that hygiene, health and safety standards are met
- Administering first aid when necessary
- Consulting with children and involving them in planning activities
- Helping with administration, where necessary
- Encouraging parental involvement
- Facilitating good communication with all members of the organisation, parents, and schools
- Undertaking appropriate and relevant training
- Keeping the work environment healthy, safe and secure
- Working within the framework of the policies and procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner.
Functional Skills Maths and English to be studied, if required.
Training will take place at Blackburn College one day a week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potentially ongoing employment following completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.