We have an exciting apprenticeship for looking to gain experience on an operating Dairy Farm. Our farm is located in Harefield, North West London and we manage a herd of 250 dairy cows. Duties will include feeding young stock, bedding out and mucking out beds and general farming.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
04 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This apprenticeship provides an opportunity to gain experience on an operating dairy farm. The apprentice will be assisting the owner with his tasks throughout the working day – this includes but is not limited to:
- Feeding young stock
- Bedding out and mucking out beds for the cows
- Checking the cows
- Help and assisting with milking 200 cows at least once a day
- Tractor Driving where applicable
- General Farming
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 General Farm Worker Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths & English (if required)
- Weekly day release into Berkshire College of Agriculture (BCA)
- An assessor will visit you in the workplace every 12 weeks
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The owner operators of the farm are approaching retirement age and there is an opportunity to become the main farm worker, maintaining the farm and herd milking twice a day.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE WINDSOR FOREST COLLEGES GROUP
General farm worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.