Landscape & Horticulture Apprentice Landcraft Landscape and Design Ltd
All general landscaping duties to support the delivery of high-quality workmanship covering all aspects of hard and soft landscaping as well as horticultural duties to support our growing and award winning Landscaping and Garden Management teams. Duties to include clearing and tidying, mixing, digging, rotavating and planting.
Closing date: 12 Jan 2024
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
13 Jan 2024
03 Aug 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
All general landscaping duties to support the delivery of high-quality workmanship covering all aspects of hard and soft landscaping, groundworks and fencing.
Some of your duties will include:
- Other related tasks
Following instruction from project manager, team leader/foreman and garden designer. Paying special attention to the working environment, keeping site tidy, supplies stored correctly and ensuring site is kept safe - no spills, obstacles, trip hazards etc.
Dealing promptly with issues arising and escalating them immediately to project manager. Awareness of, and compliance with health and safety legislation.
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Horticulture Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (if required)
- Level 2 Emergency First Aid at Work
- PA1 (Safe Use of Pesticides)
- Weekly day release in to Berkshire College of Agriculture (BCA)
- End point assessment at the end of programme
- Assessor visits to your employer every 12 weeks
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Promotion within the company - Landscaping team or Garden Management Team. Future Development i.e., RHS Level 2 in Horticulture or City & Guilds
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE WINDSOR FOREST COLLEGES GROUP
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.