Business Administration Apprentice SPRINGFIELD MEDICAL CENTRE
A real people person who enjoys interacting with the public and can go above and beyond to help, someone who enjoys something different and challenging every day. Duties will include reception, meeting and greeting patients, dealing with patient queries, booking appointments, processing prescriptions and general admin to support the practice.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
04 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Opening up/locking-up of practice premises and maintaining security in accordance with practice protocols
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointments system
- Processing personal and telephone requests for appointments, visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing and distributing incoming (and outgoing) mail
- Taking messages and passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation, processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team member and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Providing clerical assistance to practice staff as required from time to time, including word/data processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Ordering, re-ordering and monitoring of stationery and other supplies
- Dealing with clinical waste
- Posters and displays of public health information
- Assist with maintenance of the practice website
- Other adhoc duties as assigned
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To study at Warrington & Vale Royal College for 12 week block of 1 day per week
- Work towards your Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- An apprenticeship within the NHS can open up so many doors to the successful candidate both in primary care (GP practice) or secondary care (hospitals) and can give a taster of what it is like to work within the NHS which can shape future career progression
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
WARRINGTON & VALE ROYAL COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.