Lakeside Surgery are looking to appoint an apprentice in the role of medical receptionist to join our small friendly team. The role will entail communicating with patients both over the telephone and face to face, processing prescriptions, scanning documents, booking appointments and processing emails and eConsults.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
04 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointment system
- Process personal, telephone and e-requests for appointments
- Answer incoming phone calls, transferring calls or dealing with the callers request appropriately
- Signpost patients to the correct service
- Initiating contact with and responding to, requests from patients, team members and external agencies
- Read code data on System One
- Photocopy documentation as required
- Data entry of new and temporary registrations and relevant patient information as required
- Input data into the patient’s healthcare records as necessary
- Direct requests for information i.e., SAR, insurance/solicitors letters and DVLA forms to the appropriate person
- Manage all queries as necessary in an efficient manner
- Maintain a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times
- Monitor and maintain the reception area and notice boards
- Support all clinical staff with general tasks as requested
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Day release at Warrington & Vale Royal College
- Business Administrator level 3 standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The apprentice would have the opportunity to apply for a post of medical receptionist at the end of their course
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
WARRINGTON & VALE ROYAL COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.