Apprentice Sales Order Administrative Assistant CARRAMORE INTERNATIONAL LTD
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an award-winning international company. The position would comprise a wide range of tasks, in the first instance assisting with duties after full training. You will be answering the telephone and dealing with enquiries, taking sales orders and general administrative duties while studying.
Closing date: 19 Oct 2023
Annual company wide bonus scheme
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
05 Jul 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The position would be wide ranging, assisting a number of your colleagues in aspects of their work, carrying out your own work, and thereby exposing you to many different areas of work, in an international business.
You will have more responsibility during your apprenticeship. Reporting to the Sales Order Manager the role will include some of the following areas:
- Running key reports at specific times / intervals based on specific filters
- Filing & saving reports in different formats to different locations across a network
- Liaising with staff in other departments to distribute information & ensure key tasks are completed
- Finding & saving key documentation from manufacturers websites
- Sales order, physical file administration
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Outlook, Excel and Word
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Inputting and importing data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
The Apprenticeship Training Programme forms part of your contract of employment; you are provided with time to study.
The apprenticeship programme will help your personal and professional development, the requirements to complete the programme are as follows:
- Attend and be punctual for all induction sessions and be punctual for all lessons
- Complete all required assignments
- Build up your portfolio of evidence
- Access support from your tutor / assessor and manager as and when required
Skills and qualities required:
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner
- Must have a good level of literacy skills
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management
- Good numeracy skills
- Confident in using email and the internet
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team
There are excellent transport links by bus. The company is located 5.5 miles from Huddersfield town centre, adjacent to the main road in a village called Thongsbridge, near Holmfirth.
Please check the time it will take for you to travel as well as the cost.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Customer Service Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
The role of a customer service practitioner is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high- quality service to customers.
The standard covers the following:
- Knowing your customers
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting regulations and legislation
- Systems and resources
- Your role and responsibility
- Customer experience
- Product and service knowledge
- Interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills
- Personal organisation
- Dealing with customer conflict and challenge
Behaviours / Attitude
- Developing self
- Being open to feedback
- Team working
- Equality – treating all customers as individuals
- Presentation – dress code, professional language
- “Right first time”
The company will release you to attend Kirklees College for your apprenticeship training; you will attend Kirklees College on a Wednesday.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There is a strong possibility that you will gain a full-time position at a new salary level following successful employment as well as achievement of the full apprenticeship qualification
- There may also be further apprenticeship or other training available following successful employment and achievement of the apprenticeship programme
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.