BFS Nationwide are looking to recruiting 2 x fabricators/ welders for the manufacture of large plastic structures and components for civil construction and the marine industry. This role will cover both metal and plastic fabrication. The role involves the use of measuring tools and hand tools. Fabrication and assembly of plastic components.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Pay negotiable depending on experience. Overtime available and paid at rate of £6.50 per hour.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
06 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Use of measuring tools and hand tools
- Fabrication and assembly of plastic components
- Preparation and welding of materials
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Metal Fabricator apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required
This programme includes Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) Diploma L3 CG.
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model, which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only.
- You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession
- You will experience a blended learning model
- You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This role is likely to progress to allow employees to work off site on other, larger projects, as well as with their sister company, Bulldog Boats
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.