Busy Riding School Looking for Equine Groom Apprentice Brook Cottage Farm Riding School
The vacancy is to join our team here at a busy riding school. With over 30 horses and lessons every day there is lots to do and lots to learn. Duties include: general yard duties: mucking out (though most horses live out), tack cleaning etc.,
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Oct 2023
29 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The vacancy is to join our team here at a busy riding school. With over 30 horses and lessons every day there is lots to do and lots to learn. Duties include:
General yard duties:
- Mucking out (though most horses live out) ,
- Muck picking fields with machine,
- Turning out/bringing in,
- Tack cleaning,
- Tacking up and untacking for lessons / exercise,
- Clipping /pulling/ trimming
Riding and schooling:
- Flat work,
- Hacking and lunging a range of horses and ponies, from youngsters to school masters
Dealing with clients:
- Fitting hats and body protectors,
- Taking bookings and payments,
- Helping in lessons
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- A level 2 certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the apprenticeship
- All training will take place within the workplace
- Your dedicated trainer coach will visit you at work every 4 weeks.
Equine groom Level 2 (GCSE)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The opportunity to advance onto the level 3 Senior Groom apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Brook Cottage Farm Riding School
HADDON TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.