This is a great Machinist apprenticeship opportunity for anyone looking to start a great career within a company that is the leading precision engineering sub-contractor to the global medical instrumentation sector.
Closing date: 22 Oct 2023
£14k / £16k / £18K /24k Plus when qualified yearly
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
25 Oct 2023
28 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work on the latest 5 Axis technologically using the latest software and ERP systems
- Work on the latest multi-Axis technologically using the latest software and ERP systems
- Keeping the manufacturing department running efficiently
- Follow technical drawings
- Supporting machinists
- Keeping the shop organized while maintaining quality and safety standards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Machinist Technician L3
This apprenticeship will be delivered through a mixture of college and work-based learning. Successful candidates will attend our Printworks Campus one day per week to learn the skills/ knowledge required to be successful within this role. They will also receive a visit once a month in their place of work from their assessor, where delivery will take place on a one-to-one basis. In addition, learners will need to be allocated 20% of their contracted hours per week to concentrate on any development activities set.
Functional Skills qualifications (If required):
- Functional Skill in English
- Functional Skill in maths
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent position after completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
About the employer
KIRKSTALL PRECISION LTD
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.