Laboratory and Technical Assistant Apprentice UNION COLOURS LTD
Technical Service position with Union Colours Ltd. Responsible for laboratory-based tasks, which include pigment testing using a variety of pieces of equipment and measuring, recording and analysing results. You will also provide all the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
28 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Tasks typically involve:
· Performing laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data to support development activities.
· Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out evaluations.
· Preparing samples.
· Maintaining and operating a wide variety of dispersing and colour assessment equipment.
· Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced.
· Maintain good accurate written records of work carried out.
· Visual colour measurement, recording and interpreting results to support development activities.
· Performing mathematical calculations for the determination of test methods and presentation of results.
· Using computer based colour measurement and rheological programs to give quantitative results.
· Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability.
· Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
· To perform these duties in an accurate and timely manner.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Laboratory Technician.
Training to be provided can be a mixture of on-site training, and day release with Warrington & Vale Royal College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
All employees are customer facing and we encourage ingenuity, entrepreneurialism and above all reliability.
Direct employees establish reliable technical supply chains, and working with our manufacturing sources and worldwide client base, we offer a complete and competent supply network. If, you have practical ability, exhibit good problem solving and communication skills there are opportunities for progression towards higher qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
AS Level or equivalent English, Maths and Science (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
UNION COLOURS LTD
WARRINGTON & VALE ROYAL COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.