Teaching Assistant Apprentice key stage 1 Grand Avenue Primary School
Deliver work, care or support programmes to individual pupils or groups, including those with SEND. Enable access to learning for all pupils. Provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils resources and the classroom.
Closing date: 24 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
31 Oct 2023
27 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support in the development of other key skills which aid pupils’ learning, e.g. Numeracy, Literacy
- Help translate tasks at pupil level by restructuring them into achievable steps
- Take appropriate action related to any problems or emergencies that occur during the lesson in accordance with the School’s policies and procedures
- Provide admin support to the teacher e.g. photocopying, filing, displays, laminating, etc.
- Provide general organisation support to the school e.g. maintaining a safe environment, break/lunch duties and educational visits
- Recognise confidentiality, safeguarding procedures, H & S and the policies of the Governing Body
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
They will get a Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification.
They can do the training at home, your workplace or Twickenham training centre.
This will be one day a week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Teaching assistant full time, a teacher or leader in an early years role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
Grand Avenue Primary School
ACHIEVING FOR CHILDREN COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.