At The Sheppey, we care about fantastic local food, providing a great atmosphere, and amazing caring staff who know how to look after our guests. We are looking for an exceptional front of house team member to continue our success in customer satisfaction. We will develop you both as a person and if you wish as a potential manager of the future.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
A share of gratuities will be paid in addition to wages Incremental wage increases may occur related to performance reviews
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
22 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To assist in the daily running of the restaurant, bar and lounge including:
- Setting up and clearing down after service
- Ensure the smooth day to day running of all bar sales/food operations as determined by law
- Responsible for the bar cash float, all-cash took credit card transactions and charging guests’ room accounts from the sale of bar products
- To be aware of all relevant emergency and evacuation procedures
- Ensuring customer requests are dealt with promptly and efficiently
- Provide a level of service that exceeds customer expectations
- Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and quality in the restaurant and bar at all times
- Ensure total guest satisfaction is achieved
- Other related activities and functions
- To undertake any training and development deemed appropriate for the position by the relevant line manager
- To undertake such other duties as reasonably requested and that are commensurate with the nature and level of the post
- All staff have a statutory responsibility to take reasonable care of themselves, others and the environment and to prevent harm by their acts or omissions
- All staff are therefore required to adhere to imago’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- All staff should hold a duty and commitment to observing imago’s Equality & Diversity policy and procedures at all times
- Duties carried out in accordance with relevant Equality & Diversity legislation and policies/procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will achieve a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member qualification upon completion
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required
- Training will take place one day a week at Strode College
- Strode College will be managing the applications for this vacancy
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A permanent role may be available for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.