As a Quality Engineer reporting to the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring supplied parts conform to the company's high-quality standards and meet the required engineering drawings and customers' specifications, tasked with continually improving the quality of products and services provided to the company's global customer base.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2023
if aged 18+ the yearly wage will be £14,605.50
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
23 Oct 2023
23 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Typical day to day duties will include:
- Take a lead role in managing the company's QA strategy in order to maintain high standards
- Work alongside internal teams and external clients to work through any quality issues or investigations
- Drive quality improvement throughout the business using techniques such as PPAP, 5 whys, 8D, FMEA and Ishikawa
- Report any health and safety breaches witnessed or concerns regarding unsafe practices to site management
- Undertake quality audits and supplier inspections where necessary
- Carry out final quality inspections on products and systems
- Cover / support colleagues as requested
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship, delivered over a period of 4 years. The successful apprentice will be required to attend the training centre, In-Comm Training Services in Aldridge, WS9 8UG, 3 days per week for the first two years as part of the training. Please ensure you are able to travel to this site as well as the company site.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidates there would be jobs / positions available on successful completion of the apprenticeship and relevant training to support the roles going forward.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.