The apprenticeship in dental nursing is an 18-month government funded course City & Guilds Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing. The job entails assisting the dentist, sterilising equipment, reception and any other ad hoc duties as may be required.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
28 Oct 2023
20 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Dealing with patient queries
- Answering the phone
- Taking payments and booking appointments
- Provide efficient and reliable chair-side support to practice clinicians
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This qualification is a level 3 advanced apprenticeship accredited by City & Guilds and is delivered nationwide through blended interactive E-Learning, enabling learners to access the course from anywhere in the UK. Upon achievement the apprentice will be awarded a Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3. Functional Skills English & maths level 2 qualifications unless already exempt.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- With experience you may be able to move into jobs like team manager, team leader or dental practice manager
- With further training you could become a dental therapist, helping a dentist carry out the more routine dentistry work. You could also become a dental hygienist, helping people to look after their teeth and gums
- You might decide to train as an orthodontic therapist helping dentists to improve the look and position of a patient's teeth
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TEMP DENT DENTAL AGENCY LIMITED
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.