The successful candidate will work for a successful, well-established company, based in Nantwich. They will be trained to program and operative CNC and MC machinery working under the supervision of the Ferrite Machining Specialists. The role requires a driven individual who can think outside of the box and thrives on challenges.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 39.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
19 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be trained, following machine shop safe working practices and procedural guidelines, to program CNC and NC machinery.
Key tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Operating NC and CNC machines
- Carrying out detailed test procedures
- Creating CAD drawings and managing the CAD database
- Carrying out day-to-day tasks of the machine shop
- Working to the machines job schedules
- Managing stock of machine tools and work holdings
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Engineering Operative Apprenticeship Standard which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (skills)
- Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge)
- Functional skills in maths or English (if requried)
- Learning will take place in the workplace with the need to attend training with NSEGTA when required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to discuss further progression routes or full-time employment opportunities
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.