Nursery apprentice Level 3 at Nature Trail Nursery NATURE TRAIL NURSERY LTD
We are a group of 8 nurseries who provide private childcare for children from birth to 5 years. We are looking to recruit and enthusiastic Level 2 qualified nursery apprentice to support the children in their learning and development along with working with other staff to create a stimulating and safe environment.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
£8,785.92 to £17,338.88
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 32
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
16 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide the highest standards of quality care and education to all children
- To ensure that health and safety and security measures are constantly maintained.
- To keep up to date and act in accordance with current legislation, policy and procedures.
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with your team
- To keep up to date all learning journey files on your key children.
- Ensure the rest of the rooms learning journeys are up to date, and allocate time to do so.
- Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery. Foresee the needs of Special Needs children and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To work in close partnership and to develop and maintain good relationships with parents / carers and other family members.
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parents evenings, events, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery.
- Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, putting out bins, doing the laundry, etc.
- Also flexibility with regard to working in different rooms as and when required to ensure effective operation of the nursery.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the vision, philosophy and objectives behind Nature Trail Nursery are fulfilled
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Educator – Level 3 including Paediatric First Aid. This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion and observation throughout your training. You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to room leader if Level 3 qualified.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Any (Grade A*-D/ 9-3) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-D/ 9-3) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/ 9-4) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Level 2 Early Years Educator or equivalent (Grade Pass or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.