Construction is a booming industry! If you are eager to learn a trade our then this is the vacancy for you. Bee Interiors are looking to hire 2 Painting and and Decorating Apprentices. This is an exciting opportunity for the right people to join an exciting local company and gain a qualification in Painting and Decorating.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
16 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carry out a range of external and internal painting and redecoration tasks
- Prepare and clean surfaces using handheld power tools and the appropriate methods. This could include scraping, sanding, sand-blasting, steam cleaning, and burning off loose paint; repairing cracks and holes in the walls, joinery by applying fillers/ sealant
Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product
- Complete records as required
- Liaise and work with all other trades providing technical advice as and when required
- To self-manage and audit all work carried out in agreement with the Project Manager
- Policies and procedures, risk assessments and method statements
- To work safely at heights, internally and externally using appropriate access equipment such as a tower scaffold
- To maintain at all times a pleasant and courteous demeanour and give excellent customer service
- To highlight any areas of safety or decorative concern that might impact on a safe and healthy environment for service users
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Painting and Decorator Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths & English (if needed).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
KINGSTON UPON HULL CITY COUNCIL
Painter and decorator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.