Early Years Apprentice PIXIES DAY NURSERY AND PIXIES TOO LTD
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local preschool in Alton is looking for an Early Years Apprentice to join their team. Work and interact directly with children on a day to day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 38.0
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
15 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Nursery Apprentice, you will contribute to a high quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner standard:
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in English and maths to at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
Training completed via work based visits at the nursery and 4 hour study time provided for coursework
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completing the Level 2, you may be offered the opportunity to progress to Level 3 or a full-time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.