Are you looking to train in childcare? A friendly nursery in Rake, Petersfield are looking for a Level 2 (or L3) Nursery Apprentice to join their team. Duties include: Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
Closing date: 07 Apr 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
08 Apr 2024
14 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor.
The training you will be getting
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: English, Maths at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
- NB- If the candidate already holds a L2 Childcare qualification or has sufficient experience, the L3 option may be available (18 months)
- Training completed via work based visits at the nursery and 4 hour study time provided for coursework.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Once completing your L2 Apprenticeship, you could carry out a level 3 apprenticeship and may be offered a full time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.