Are you looking to train in childcare? Large, friendly nursery in Sarisbury Green, near Southampton is looking for L2 Early Years Apprentices to join their team. Work and interact directly with children on a day-to-day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities.
Closing date: 03 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.0
Possible start date
04 Mar 2024
14 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- Creating warm, friendly, and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing, and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by Showcase Tutor.
The training you will be getting
NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
Functional Skills: Maths and English (Unless exempt).
Training completed via work-based visits at the nursery and 4-hours study time provided for coursework.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Once completing your Level 2 Apprenticeship you may be offered the opportunity to progress onto a L3 or a full-time position and further training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.