Apprentice Print Operative CHELMSFORD DIOCESAN BOARD OF FINANCE LTD
This apprenticeship is an excellent opportunity to develop skills within our Print Unit. You will learn about digital print processes in a busy production environment. There are many aspects to this role, including file handling, design/typesetting, digital printing and finishing, operation of machinery, administration and customer service.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2023
£6.00 per hour to increase to RLW in second year. Free car parking. Central Location. Pension - 11.75% Employer Contribution.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
14 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Print Unit produces various publications for parish churches and other organisations/individuals - including parish magazines, order of services, church guides, brochures, reports and leaflets.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking print, finishing, and packing work from customers
- Set up and operate digital print and finishing devices
- Meet all agreed deadlines and produce work to a high standard
- Give accurate quotations and deal with any queries
- Ensure all work is accounted for and charged accordingly
- Assist in requesting/issuing orders for stock/materials required whilst adhering to the stock control system to reduce wastage
- Carry out regular, basic maintenance, including changing toner and safety checks on all equipment
- As necessary, arrange for service calls/repairs with nominated suppliers to ensure smooth operation of all equipment
- Assisting with requests and customer queries
During your apprenticeship you will learn how to:
- Deliver high levels of customer service
- Send and receive digital files
- Operate print software, print production and finishing devices
- Maintain work schedules and ensure agreed deadlines are adhered to
- Produce quotations and deal with customer queries
- Produce work orders for invoicing
- Check print jobs and archive finished print records
- Comply with Health & Safety requirements in the workplace inc. manual handling regulations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will obtain a qualification in Print Operative Level 2.
Training for both the apprenticeship and the relevant skills to succeed in the role will take place at the workplace, with no requirement to travel to the training provider, BPIF.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship is an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting a further career in the print and graphic design or customer service industry.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.