Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprentice Nature On The Hill
The apprentice will contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children. This will include learning, care needs, working in partnership with colleagues, parents/carers. They will have a responsibility to contribute to the health and safety of the children.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
15 Oct 2023
08 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide the highest standards of quality care and education to all children
- To ensure that health and safety and security measures are constantly maintained
- To keep up to date and act in accordance with current legislation, policy and procedures
- To observe and plan for your key children
- Contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of your key children
- To keep up to date all learning journey files on your key children
- Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the nursery. Foresee the needs of special needs children and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- To work in close partnership and to develop and maintain good relationships with parents/carers and other family members
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parents evenings, events, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, putting out bins, doing the laundry, etc. Also flexibility with regard to working in different rooms as and when required to ensure effective operation of the nursery
- Work alongside the Manager, Room Leaders and other members of the team to ensure that the vision, philosophy and objectives behind Nature Trial Nursery are fulfilled
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received
- To develop your role within the team especially in your capacity as a key worker
- Specific child care taks
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times
- To be an ambassador for Nature Trail Nursery both within the nursery and the wider community
- To ensure good standards of hygiene and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children
- Record accidents in the accident book
- Liaise with nursery manager, parents, and key persons regarding transitions within the setting
- Create a stimulating and attractive classroom environment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 maths and English Functional Skills (if required)
- Day-release to take place at Blackburn College weekly
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential progression onto the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.