Knowle Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated team. This vacancy is being managed by Plymouth Argyle Community Trust. In this role you will be working under the direction of teachers and senior staff to provide safe, high-quality education and care for young children and to maintain a stimulating and enjoyable environment. Under the overall direction of the headteacher you will play a major role in formulating the aims and objectives of the school and establishing the policies through which they are to be achieved. You will carry out all the professional duties of a Teaching Assistant as required, take responsibility for child protection issues as appropriate and take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school. You will need to be committed and driven to want the very best from every child and be an outstanding member of our school community.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Pro rata wage £8,875
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
20 Oct 2023
07 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties for this role will include:
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of children’s work
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate
- Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed
Provide clerical/admin support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money, etc
- Support and educate children on all elements of the school curriculum
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support differences and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times including before and after school and at lunchtimes
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
- You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out
Training days will be once a month at Plymouth Argyle.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There may be the potential for full-time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.