Senior equine apprenticeship Urchinwood Manor Equestrian Centre
Urchinwood Riding Centre are looking for an apprentice to join their friendly team. The position will include general yard duties i.e. mucking out, turning out/in, riding & exercise and assisting with a variety of internal competitions. Would suit someone looking for a career in the equine industry.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
06 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Mucking out
- Trimming and clipping
- Lungeing and riding
- Health care
- Assisting with running of events
- Assisting with customer care and experience
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This is a 100% work-based learning apprenticeship of which the successful candidate will be awarded the Level 3 Senior Equine Groom apprenticeship
- Maths and English functional skills if required
- There is scope for either the riding or non-riding pathway to be chosen and this will be discussed at interview
- Enrolling on to an apprenticeship programme is a serious commitment
- To achieve the qualification and be successful in your job you will need to be hard working, prepared to work outdoors in all weather and often at weekends
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The opportunity to progress on to BHS coaching and management qualifications
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SHELDRAKE TRAINING LIMITED
Senior equine groom
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.