Peter Betteridge, The Bed Expert, is offering a new and exciting opportunity for an active and customer focused individual to join a well-established family business to provide business support to a busy sales/administration team working from our Kingsbridge store. There will be sales/retail tasks as part of the role both face to face and online.
Closing date: 09 Mar 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
11 Mar 2024
01 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
You will be part of a small team responsible for business/sales based tasks in support of a busy sales/retail team. You will assist in identifying new business opportunities and ensuring that all records are kept up to date. Tasks will vary buy may include;
- Assisting with incoming telephone enquiries and inputting, completing orders where necessary
- Utilising customer/sales skills whilst contacting existing and potential customers in order to actively promote company products
- Engaging with customers face to face on product consultations/sales
- Assisting with social media/marketing tasks as necessary to promote business/sales including assisting with merchandising and product displays.
- Supporting general office/admin support to sales/office colleagues as necessary
The training you will be getting
- Full Business Administrator Standard - Level 3
- On the job training to support role development
- Off the job training to support qualification requirements
- Employer to allocate dedicated training time for off the job training requirements
- Functional Skill support - Maths/English - if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- Company are keen to progress candidate so good possibility of future employment/training opportunities upon successful completion of Level 3 qualification.
- Depending on progress there will be a pay review after a successful probation period with the likelihood of a pay increase.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade A*/9 - C/4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A*/9 - C/4) Desired
About the employer
The Bed Expert
FOCUS TRAINING (SW) LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.