An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 07 Jan 2024
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
08 Jan 2024
06 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly
The training you will be getting
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) apprenticeship standard
- Not only will Apprentices be working and be trained within the garage they will attend a Kia approved college to work towards achieving their L3 Standard in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair plus Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
- A skills coach will visit at least every 28 days as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
A possible full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a Service Manager, Master Technician and Dealership Principles. The opportunities are endless.
By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership and be an asset to Ford Motor Group
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician - light vehicle
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.