We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice with an emphasis on preventative treatment and options for all. We would love you to join us as an Apprentice Dental Nurse. The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
30 Oct 2023
01 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects of the surgery.
This includes but is not exhaustive to:
- Assisting dentists and patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner
- Provide chairside assistance during all dental procedures
- Updating computer records and taking notes
- Cleaning surgeries to a high standard, maintaining strict cross infection controls
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required
- Follow all workplace policies and procedures and ensure confidentiality
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Dental Nursing qualification which has been approved by dental council
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A great opportunity to secure long-term employment with an employer who has a wonderful vision and admirable values in conjunction with continuing with your professional development
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
MR K TSAO
THE LEARNING FOUNDRY LIMITED
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.