Excellent opportunity to work for a Sheffield print company, established over 150 years ago, to learn various print related skills working in a busy production environment. As a print finishing apprentice, you will assist in the production of a printed product or component, carrying out a range of finishing processes to a high standard including print and finish a product using a range of different equipment and processes,foiling, embossing, die cutting and flitter.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Incremental salary increases throughout the apprenticeship, subject to satisfactory performance reviews.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
31 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Loxleys is the UK's largest independent printer of greeting cards, established for over 150 years with stable growth over a number of years. We wish to recruit two apprentices to enable us to carry on meeting customer requirements for many years to come.
- We print and finish a product using a range of different equipment and processes
- From printing through foiling, embossing, die cutting, flitter, folding, bagging, labelling, we produce cards from the receipt of data to a complete finished product
- We are the printer of choice for many greeting card publishers. We have vacancies for two apprentices to train to Level 2 initially and then on to Level 3
Initial responsibilities include:
- Overview of all production equipment and basic training on all machines to include H&S, production and quality requirements
- After discussion, further training will be specific to the area agreed upon, which will be one of either printing, full sheet decorative finishing or single card finishing
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Undertaking all the vocational training to enable you to run various production equipment safely and at established production output speeds
- Learn the culture and values of Loxleys Print
- Learn about customer expectations, how to resolve problems and how to ensure quality
- Learn how to organise and work in a H&S compliant environment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 2 Print Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- Training will be given on a variety of print finishing equipment by skilled and experienced operators
- You will be assigned a BPIF training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs
- Most training and studying will be a combination of site-based and remote delivery. The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship during their working hours and will have access to a PC to work on their qualification
- Candidates who do not have the required level of maths and/or English will be required to complete functional skills as part of their apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time role could be available upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Further opportunities exist after the apprenticeship is complete within the management team
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LOXLEYS PRINT LTD
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.