Flair Windows, have an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join their experienced team of fabricators, gaining a Level 2 Fenestration Fabricator apprenticeship. The successful candidate will be mentored by an experienced team who will support individuals to become fully skilled and qualified in this industry. Duties include assembly of components onto the window sash and onto the window frame.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39.5
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
30 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your day-to-day tasks will be:
- Assembly of components onto the window sash.
- Assembly of components onto the window frame.
- Hang the window sash into the window frame.
- Follow a work instruction programme detailing hardware and componentry specification.
- Ensure the finished product operates within the required standard.
- Ensure compliance with our quality expectation.
- Scanning fabricated products for tracking.
- Meet daily and weekly targets.
- Maintain a safe working environment within the working areas ensuring all current Health and Safety legislation is observed.
- General housekeeping.
- Perform any other duties that may be deemed necessary to ensure the effective running of the department and the company.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship in Fenestration consists of:
- Intermediate Standard Apprenticeship-Fenestration Fabricator.
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (Level 1/2) where applicable.
All aspects of your training will be delivered on-site with your employer, and you will have regular site visits every six to eight weeks from your designated assessor, who will monitor your progress throughout your apprenticeship programme.
You will achieve a qualification in Fenestration Fabricator Level 2 Standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of the level 2 Fenestration qualification, providing you show the correct skills and abilities, you will have the opportunity to progress onto a full-time position and possibly a level 3 apprenticeship.
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence.
- Transferable skills that are invaluable in the wider world of work.
- We are looking to invest our knowledge, skills, and time in the right person. This position has the potential to develop into a successful career for the right candidate with the position growing with the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
GLASS & FENESTRATION TRAINING SOLUTIONS LTD
0121 624 5001
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.