Business Administration Apprentice LOGIC FIRE AND SECURITY LTD
VQ Solutions are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to join the team at Logic Fire and Security. This is a varied role working across 6 different departments gaining an understanding of different aspects of the business. There will be an opportunity at the end of the apprenticeship to specialise in one of the departments. You will be dealing with reception duties, telephone calls, plus much more.
Closing date: 01 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
04 Oct 2023
06 Jul 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties would initially include supporting the running of the office by undertaking general admin duties such as:
- Dealing with telephone calls
- Reception duties
- Creating / updating reports
- Alongside these general duties, you will have the opportunity to work and gain experience in 6 different departments
The six departments are:
- SCHEDULING - Plan the engineer diaries (prioritising emergency works), liaising with customers. Creating relevant paperwork for closed jobs and sending invoices to customers
- STOCK & FLEET CONTROL - Order, manage and redistribute stock required for jobs. Raise purchase orders. Organise the maintenance of employee fleet and vehicle stock
- ESTIMATING - Produce quotations (both new and existing new customers), work with AutoCAD to create/update drawings and zone plans
- MARKETING - Running marketing campaigns through our social media outlets, updating the website and creating relevant news posts. Publish internal company news. Working with the sales department to target new customers and promote new services
- FINANCE - Dealing with customer queries and company accounts, invoicing customers and ensuring payments are received, working with Stock Control to assist with supplier credit accounts
- ACCOUNT/CUSTOMER RELATIONS - Working with the Account and Sales Managers to manage existing customers and maintain client relationships. Being the first contact for our existing customers, answering queries or directing to the relevant department
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards an Advanced level Business Administration Apprenticeship delivered by VQ Solutions. You'll have a dedicated VQ Mentor and will also be supported internally by your manager.
During this apprenticeship, you will develop a portfolio, attend online workshop sessions and have regular reviews. All apprenticeship work will be completed during working hours.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The majority of apprentices are offered full-time positions upon the successful completion of their apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
VQ SOLUTIONS LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.