Apprentice Learning Support Assistant THE ASHLEY SCHOOL
An exciting opportunity to start and develop a career in education with The Ashley School Academy Trust in Lowestoft - a specialist school for children with complex and moderate learning difficulties, for both boys and girls from Year 3 to Year 11, which includes residential provision - while training to provide a key learning support role.
Closing date: 11 Jun 2023
You will work 38 weeks of the year (term time only) plus 5 inset days and the annual salary is paid, monthly, on a pro rata basis. The salary for this position will, therefore, start at £7,477.19.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday, 08.45 - 16.00, Tues, Wed, Thurs: 08.45 - 15.30, Friday, 08.45 - 15.00
Total hours per week: 30.5
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
25 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
There is no such thing as an average day, flexibility is essential and activities include but are definitely not limited to:
- Support for pupils - Establishing productive working relationships with pupils
- Support for the teacher - Working with the teacher to establish an appropriate learning environment
- Support for the curriculum - Implementing agreed learning activities/teaching approaches/programmes
- Support for the school - Implementing and complying with policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This programme, other than the requirement of some college attendance to support the end point assessment process, will be primarily focused on your workplace training and learning
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- It is hoped that - providing you successfully complete your apprenticeship - you will continue in your employment with us. However, the post will also lead to other opportunities in education
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
EAST COAST COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.