Wind and Solar Renewables Technician Apprentice SPECTRUM WIND SERVICES LTD
Are you looking for a opportunity to start an engineering career with a progressive company at the forefront of wind turbine technology? This role will give you the opportunity to work with and learn from leaders within the maintenance sector of this industry. You will need to have drive and ambition to join the team and a willingness to learn.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
The hourly rate of pay for this position is £6.00. If you are able to start ahead of your enrolment as an apprentice you will be paid the national minimum wage for your age until you are enrolled.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
25 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
£12,480.00 As a Apprenticeship Renewables Technician you will provide support to the operation and maintenance of Spectrum's wind turbine fleet and its solar operations.
Your duties will include;
- Working at height in confined and open spaces.
- Performing routine scheduled maintenance on wind turbine mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Responding to breakdowns and carrying out unscheduled maintenance.
- Conducting fault finding and report writing.
- Adhering to the requirements of the wind turbine safety rules, relevant health and safety executive rules and legislation and safe working practices.
- Carrying out manual handling of photovoltaic solar panels, cables, tooling and electrical components.
- Carrying out manual handling of wind turbine parts such as lubricants, greases and tooling.
- Having a good degree of flexibility in order to meet the needs of the role and company.
- Working in a close knit team but building confidence and competence to make decisions whilst conducting yourself in a professional manner.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required
This programme includes Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge).
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be opportunities to progress in your role and learning with this employer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-5 / A*- high C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.