Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship CTS (SHOPFITTING) LIMITED
CTS are looking for a Painting and Decorator Apprentice. This is a 36-month apprenticeship and training will be delivered both on the job and off the job through Hull Training. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a busy company and gain a qualification while earning a salary.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday Shifts to be confirmed at interview
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
24 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carry out a range of external and internal painting and redecoration tasks
- Prepare and clean surfaces using handheld power tools and the appropriate methods. This could include scraping, sanding, sand-blasting, steam cleaning, and burning off loose paint; repairing cracks and holes in the walls, joinery by applying fillers/ sealant
- Prepare/sand surface for application of decorative product
- Complete records as required
- Liaise and work with all other trades providing technical advice as and when required
- To self-manage and audit all work carried out in agreement with the Project Manager
- Policies and procedures, risk assessments and method statements
- To work safely at heights, internally and externally using appropriate access equipment such as a tower scaffold
- To maintain at all times a pleasant and courteous demeanour and give excellent customer service
- To highlight any areas of safety or decorative concern that might impact on a safe and healthy environment for service users
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Painting and Decorator Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths & English (if needed).
Training to take place at:
- Hull Training and Adult Education, Nursery Grove, Hull, HU9 5XT
Block Release - one week in the centre, five weeks on site and so on
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time employment upon completion
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CTS (SHOPFITTING) LIMITED
2 Sullivan Business Park
KINGSTON UPON HULL CITY COUNCIL
Painter and decorator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.