The successful candidate will work as an apprentice to be trained in the fabrication and vacuum forming of various types of plastics. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to earn a salary and gain a level 2 qualification.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
15 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be trained in a role that consists of:
- Cutting, shaping, bending, drilling and welding of various types of plastics sheets which can vary from 1mm to 25mm in thickness.
- Using the hand tools and machinery that is required for the role.
- Reading drawings to complete the specifications of the job.
- Manual handling of heavy materials.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative apprenticeship standard which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in manufacturing (knowledge & skills)
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
Learning will take place in the workplace with the need to attend training with NSEGTA when required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of the apprenticeship, the successful candidate will be given the opportunity to discuss further progression or a full-time contract of employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/3) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.