Early Years Practitioner Apprentice (Nursery) MONKTON INFANT SCHOOL
To work in a nursery with children aged 2-4 years old and an infant school with children aged 4-7 years old, helping their learning and development through simple tasks and activities. Working with the Nursery/ school staff to ensure the children are safe and happy in their learning every day.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday – Friday during term time only 8-4pm each day Lunch break 11.45 – 12.20pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
23 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working in the Nursery (on a separate site to main school) with children aged 2-4 years old.
- To support the staff with setting up the nursery in the morning/ clearing away at the end of the sessions e.g. sorting paints/ sharpening pencils/ washing brushes/ filling sand & water trays/ tidying resources.
- Working with children to encourage independence in simple tasks – e.g. putting on coats/ shoes/ aprons/ toileting.
- Talking to children to support development of early language skills/ reading stories/ sharing play activities – indoor and outdoor.
- Some of the day may also be spent at the main school working with older children (4-7 years old) supporting teachers/ preparing resources.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard L2
All training to take place at the employer's premises.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Although we cannot guarantee a permanent job on completion of the apprenticeship; we endeavour to provide the best training opportunity with support from experienced staff to ensure the successful applicant has the best chance to start their professional career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
MONKTON INFANT SCHOOL
MONKTON COUNTY INFANT SCHOOL H
ST. SIMON STREET
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.