Level 2/Intermediate Apprenticeship Pharmacy Services Assistant Vantage Pharmacy
Vantage Pharmacy based on Nuthall Road, Nottingham is is offering an opportunity to join their team of experienced medical professionals working in the pharmacy as an Apprentice Dispensary Assistant. Among the duties you will be doing are dealing with prescriptions; customer service and generally supporting the pharmacy team based in the pharmacy.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
01 Jun 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties include:
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock.
- Receiving prescriptions and ordering prescriptions.
- Making up blister packs.
- Dispensing once trained.
- Labelling of prescriptions.
- Liaising with customers over the phone and face to face.
- Duping and disposing of medicines.
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas.
- Receive incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages.
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required.
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment.
- To complete compulsory training as required.
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Pharmacy Services Assistant Level 2
Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and/or English if required.
BTEC Level 2 Certificate in the Principles & Practice for Pharmacy Support Staff
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
This is all delivered in the workplace. Instead of attending college one day per week you will be given minimum 6 hours off the job training in the workplace to complete the apprenticeship work you have been set.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential opportunity for a ongoing employment as a qualified Pharmacy Services Assistant within the company following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy services assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.