Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Longcause Special School
Helping our SEN pupils engage in the curriculum and social activities. Under the direction of the classroom teacher, post holder provides general support to staff and pupils, including the preparation and routine maintenance of curriculum resources and equipment.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
20 Oct 2023
24 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs and implement related personal programmes including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Prepare the classroom, as directed, for lessons, clear away afterwards and assist with the display of pupil’s work
- Provide support to the teacher in the management of pupils and in the management of the classroom
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times including before and after school and at lunchtimes
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Prepare and maintain curriculum low value equipment and resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use
- Provide assistance with pupil welfare and first aid issues e.g. look after sick pupils and liaise with parents/carers
- May be required to demonstrate own tasks to new starters or less experienced members of staff
- May be required to assist in the handling of small amounts of monies related to various school events, which is then passed on to other staff for processing
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On our 15 -18 month Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills & Knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be the potential for employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate within long cause SEN School.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.