Apprentice Welder and Fabricator MERLIN ATTRACTIONS OPERATIONS LIMITED
The successful applicant will work alongside our expert welder to provide high-quality services at our purpose-built workshop in Alton and on various sites across the UK.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
31 Mar 2024
22 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
The successful applicant will work alongside our expert welder to:
- Develop and train as a welding/fabricator/steel erector under the direction of the senior welder/fabricator.
- Assist in ensuring all projects are delivered within budget, on time and safely, in accordance with drawings provided in line with Merlin's Theming Standards Document.
- Read and interpret technical drawings and plans.
- Maintain a high standard of health and safety both in the workshops and on-site, being mindful of others.
- Obtain CSCS health and safety card.
- Keep workshops clean and tidy according to Codes of Safe Working Practice.
The training you will be getting
Level 2 Engineering Operative apprenticeship standard which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (skills)
- Certificate or Diploma in Engineering Operations (knowledge)
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
Learning will take place in the workplace with the need to attend training with NSEGTA when required.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
After successful completion of the apprenticeship the candidate will be given the opportunity to discuss further progression or full-time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
MERLIN ATTRACTIONS OPERATIONS LIMITED
NORTH STAFFORDSHIRE ENGINEERING GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.