Apprentice Bus and Coach Technician ALEXANDER DENNIS LIMITED
Are you wanting to jump start your career? S&B Automotive Academy are recruiting! As a bus and coach technician you will inspect, diagnose, repair and test equipment and systems. If you are a 'can-do', enthusiastic, and motivated individual who works well as a team player, this will be a great opportunity for you!
Closing date: 12 Nov 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
13 Nov 2023
02 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will be working on a range of busses and coaches while learning their trade to a nationally recognised standard. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking person to work in the automotive industry.
Task to be carried out:
- Understand the fundamentals of existing and emerging mechanical vehicle design and systems
- Carry out routine mechanical servicing, planned preventative maintenance and “health checks”
- Carry out routine servicing
- Inspect, diagnose and repair braking systems
- Use diagnostic equipment and software to diagnose and rectify located faults on mechanical components
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training is delivered in the workplace and via seven weekly college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy, you will be required to travel to the college and stay in hotel accommodation if needed. All costs for this are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Level 3 Bus and Coach Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees. An apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Bus and coach engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.