Toolmaker Apprentice (ME & Facilities) GRUNDFOS MANUFACTURING LIMITED
Improve production processes by designing and manufacturing tools / fixtures, fabricating raw materials and finding solutions to improve shopfloor efficiencies. You will be supported by our experienced team. Grundfos Manufacturing Ltd are a UK leader in the supply of pumps and pump systems for domestic, commercial building services and process industry applications.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
Monday - Thursday 8.00am - 4.30pm with a 30 minute lunch break and Friday 8.00am - 1.00pm with no lunch break.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
12 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- CNC Milling / Turning - designing jigs and fixtures, including programming using G and M code to manufacture one offs and batch production
- Manual - milling, turning, grinding components as required to desired tolerances
- Fabrication - Mig and Tig welding of assemblies with use of CNC plasma cutter to support Production
- Use CAD software to design 3D models of parts, jigs and fixtures (Solidworks / Auto CAD / Catia)
- Use of 3D printer and related software to create components
- Following engineering drawings and working to precision tolerances
- Ability to reverse engineer components to provide a solution
- Use machines and standard tools for re-working / re-engineering of components
- Follow work instructions and predefined rules in respect of safety, quality, delivery and costs standards
- Contribute and implement lean manufacturing processes and continuous improvement activities
- At all times follows safe systems of working and follows Grundfos Manufacturing Health and Safety policy. Adopt a safe behaviours culture
- Respect all company safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to quality policies / procedures and respect them
- Produce quality work which meets or exceeds both internal and external stakeholder requirements
- Propose and formulate improvements ideas
- Participate in and contribute to continuous improvement workshops
- Consistently demonstrate respect for all stakeholders in the business and work productively and respectfully with others towards team and company goals
- Act and adopt collaborative behavior to improve team work
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full Engineering Technician Level 3 Standard.
First year is full time college.
The remainder is day release to college.
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Product Design and Development
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Join us in solving the world's water and climate challenges while making a career in a global organisation. Discover new opportunities by searching all our open positions and read more about how we pioneer change together.
Possibility of full-time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
About the employer
GRUNDFOS MANUFACTURING LIMITED
Ferry Boat Lane
Sunderland Tyne & Wear
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.