Interior Partition / Glazing Apprentice Optima Installations Ltd
Part of the Optima Group, Optima Installations Ltd is an aluminium framework, glass, and joinery contractor for commercial fit-outs within the UK. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to achieve an NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Interior Systems which will include college attendance of varying blocks at the National Construction College.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Monday to Friday 7.00am to 4.30pm
Total hours per week: 47.5
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
11 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Read and understand plan drawings as to set out location of partitions
- Read and understand detailed drawings as to build what is required
- Install structures or fixtures, such as aluminium framework, timber framework using carpenters hand or power tools
- Shape/cut material to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, power saws
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials
- Install various sizes/specifications of glass to partition system
- Clean, protect and maintain protection to the glass
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Interior Systems including Functional Skills (if required), which will include college attendance of varying blocks (2, 3, and 4 weeks) at the National Construction College. Travel, accomodation and expenses for college will be covered.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A permanent position within team of highly skilled operatives, ranging from Site Managers, Site Supervisors to Partition Installers & Carpenters. Optional further academic training will be considered for anyone wishing to progress in to one of the above roles.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D / 3) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Optima Installations Ltd
Optima HR Team
Interior systems installer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.