Apprentice Maintenance Technician EPWIN GROUP PLC
Epwin are looking for their next generation of engineers to work alongside their experienced staff. You will assist in the installation, maintenance and service of plant and equipment, including project and development work to manufacturers standards under the supervision of a member of the maintenance department.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
18 Sep 2023
11 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Typical day to day duties will include:
· Assembling and maintaining machinery and systems
· Utilise computer-aided design (CAD) tools, create mechanical designs and models
· Support the design, develop and maintain equipment
· Choose materials for a mechatronics design and the construction of product prototypes.
· Make a production system using mechanical, electrical, and electronic technology
· Run modelling and simulations
· Reading engineering drawings
· Publish engineering reports that describe a machine’s layout and components
· Maintenance and improvement of previous manufacturing processes for better efficiency
· Carry out feasibility studies to understand cost implications on new projects to be carried out
· Using appropriate software design in the analysis of complex problems encountered during the manufacture of equipment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a 4 year training programme resulting in a Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship.The successful candidate will be required to attend In-Comm Training Service in Telford 3 days a week for the first 2 years of their apprenticeship which will includes practical and theory, and then one day a week for the following 2 years.
Once the programme is completed you will start work based learning activities where you will maintain an electronic logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects and documenting work that has been undertaken and the skills learned. You have an assessor who will complete workplace assessment visits and observations.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time opportunity to progress and move within departments at Epwin
- Continuation and progression to move on to HNC Level 4
- Further training and development within the business
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.